Thredbo has recently lodged a number of development applications with the NSW Department of Planning and Environment.
Pending approval, these developments will provide guests with some of the best on-snow facilities in Australia and further enhance Thredbo’s award winning reputation as Australia’s premier snow resort.
The potential developments include;
- The replacement of Merritts double chairlift with a state of the art high-speed 8 person Gondola.
- The development of a new Merritts Mountain House restaurant and conference facility.
- Expansion of Friday Flat’s retail and rental facility.
- Expansion of Thredbo’s children program centre ‘Thredboland’.
- Additional car parking at Friday Flat.
- Snowmaking upgrades to ‘Dream Run’ providing more consistent snow conditions from the Cruiser Area to Friday Flat.
In planning these developments, Thredbo will continue to be mindful of the unique environment. Flora and fauna assessments have been undertaken by Eco Logical Australia and determined that there will be no significant effect on threatened species, endangered populations, ecological communities or their habitats. The potential impact on Aboriginal heritage has also been assessed and has found that there will be no impact.
In addition to these environmental and cultural considerations, Thredbo will maintain its strong relationship with the environment by acknowledging the raw colours and textures of Thredbo’s surrounding natural Alpine environment through the selection of materials and sympathetic palettes.
To view the full development applications please visit the NSW Department of Planning and Environment.
For any media enquires please contact Event Hospitality & Entertainment’s Company Secretary David Stone | David_Stone@evt.com | +61 2 9373 6609