Mountain Bike Park
Gravity Girls Retreat
Saturday 17 - Sunday 18 Feb, 2018
Join keen mountain biking ladies for a laidback weekend of riding, skills sessions, yoga & drinks in an encouraging and supportive environment. The Thredbo Gravity Girls Retreat is for all girls who want to improve their gravity riding and confidence on the mountain. The weekend is all about skilling up on your bike, getting your gravity on and building confidence to comfortably ride mountain plus a little relaxing and socialising thrown into the mix. Thredbo Gravity Girls Retreat is for like-minded ladies looking for a weekend away, where they can improve their ride time in a supportive all women environment. The coaches are some of the best female instructors in the country – Claire Whiteman, Louise Cook, Jo Larkin and Tegan Molloy head up the weekend and will cover everything from body position, confidently cornering, taking on the berms, learning to love rock gardens – all you need to comfortably ride gravity trails.
Friday Feb 16
5.00pm: Meet the coaches & drinks on the Bistro Deck including bike check & setup with Thredbo MTB mechanics.
Saturday Feb 17
8:30am: Warm up with coaches, bike adjustments and assign riders to levels.
9:30am: Gravity Riding Session: Warm up with rider assessments followed by skills sessions
12:30pm – 1:30pm: Lunch at the Alpine Hotel Bistro.
1:30pm – 3:30pm: Continue Gravity Sessions.
4:30pm – 5:30pm: Yoga Session with Jindabyne Yoga Shala
6:45pm: Dinner & drinks at Cascades Restaurant.
Sunday Feb 18
7:30 – 8:30am: Yoga Session with Jindabyne Yoga Shala
9:30am – 12:30pm: Gravity session focused on progression.
12:30pm – 1pm: Wrap up with Debrief & feedback.
– Lift access – Option without Lift Access for Thredbo 365 Pass Holders
– 2 Days of tuition and coaching across all Thredbo gravity trails
– Yoga – with Jane Corben – Jindabyne Yoga Shala
– Saturday night dinner – group dinner at Cascades in the Thredbo Alpine Hotel – Choose 2 courses from the fresh summer menu.
- Claire Whiteman – A downhill racer at heart, Claire has racked up multiple race wins on the National circuit and has also represented Australia at the UCI World Champs in both DH & Four-Cross. Claire has now shifted her focus to enduro riding and is known nationally as one of Australia’s best female riders.
- Tegan Molloy – Tegan has been riding the Thredbo Mountain Bike Park since she was 10 years of age. She has travelled Australia & the world numerous times racing her bike and has achieved some outstanding results along the way including being crowned the 2014 Junior DH World Champion. Tegan has her PMBI Level 1 qualification.
- Jo Larkin – Once regarded as one of the best female downhill racers in the country, Jo has spent numerous years following the race circuit and has spent a number of summers coaching as a mountain bike instructor. Jo has her PMBIA Level 1 qualification.
- Louise Cook -Louise is a qualified PMBI Level 1 and MTBA instructor. She has a background in downhill and cross country mountain bike racing at State & National level. She has been coaching for a number of years for Gravity Girls and is passionate about women’s mountain bike development.
YOGA - JINDABYNE YOGA SHALA
Jane Corben is the founder & principal teacher at Jindabyne Yoga Shala. 40 years of practice has been her guide, syncing her physically, energetically, mentally & emotionally through numerous life changes.
Various teacher trainings have enabled her to confidently teach Classical Hatha, Modern Vinyasa & Yin, all inter fused with Tantra & Ayurveda philosophies plus the wisdom of her own journey. Her continuing depth of study has also led to her own fusion style.
She has trained with some of the World’s & Australia’s best, including Duncan Peak (Power Living), Nicole Walsh & Rod Galbraith (InYoga), Jo McPhee (YinYoga), Octavio Salvador & Karina Guthrie (The Practice Bali), Shiva Rea, Ana Forrest, Seane Corn & Amy Ippoliti.
Jane is a registered Level 1 teacher with Yoga Australia & internationally registered with Yoga Alliance at their highest level.
Experience mountain dining at its best at Cascades Restaurant. Relax and indulge with fresh modern cuisine, an extensive wine list and exceptional customer service accented by sweeping views. Executive Chef Kane Stamp’s menu uses only the finest ingredients and embraces the winter season with tender meats and delectable desserts.
The Gravity Girls will be treated to a divine 2 course special with a glass of house wine on arrival.
Accommodation in Thredbo offers stunning mountain views, convenience and comfort for all guests. Choose from lodges, hotels, on-snow chalets, luxurious apartments and self contain units.
Whether it’s a weekend away with your mates, a romantic getaway or family holiday the team at Thredbo Resort Centre can help make it effortlessly happen. Click here for bookings & more info.