Snowies MTB Festival
Friday 9 - Sunday 11 Feb, 2018
3 DAYS | 5 STAGES
The iconic Snowy Mountains will once again play host to the ultimate mountain bike experience in 2016 where riders will be challenged with 5 stages across 3 days in rugged mountain terrain. Starting at an altitude of 1260m, riders will be tested with over 100k of rugged mountain terrain, technical single track, a mammoth ascent, and some awe inspiring downhills, making this one of Australia’s most iconic mountain bike stage races.
This event also includes the ‘Thredbo All Mountain Descent’ with a chairlift to the top of Eagles Nest in the shadow of Australia’s highest peak, Mt Kosciuszko followed by 6ks of epic cross country downhill.
Join us in what is arguably Australia’s most affordable and logistically convenient MTB stage race where you can just relax and focus on the epic riding that only the iconic Snowies can deliver.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!
Tackle all 5 stages as a solo;
OR share the riding between a team of 2 or 3 where one person completes each stage, except for Stage 5;
OR choose to do just the 45k marathon, 30k or 15k XC MTB on Sunday in this ‘not to be missed’ Mountain Bike Experience.
THE 5 STAGES
STAGE 1: HAPPY HOUR TIME TRIAL 5.5k
- 5.5km Time Trial Lap finishing at the Alpine Larder in time for Happy Hour
STAGE 2: THREDBO SUMMIT SMASH 21.5k
- Smash it up on the 21.5km ascent climbing 533m from Lake Crackenback to Thredbo
STAGE 3: THREDBO ALL MOUNTAIN DESCENT 6k
- 6kms of flowing downhill racing including the chairlift to the start and finishing up at Friday Flat and then onto the Gravity Check!
STAGE 4: GRAVITY CHECK 20.5k
- Soak in the thrills and exhilaration of this 20.5km roller coaster ride from Thredbo to Lake Crackenback
STAGE 5: RELEASE THE CRACKEN 45K
- Finish up with 45k’s of epic riding as we Release the Cracken! on the 15k XC circuit in and around Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa.