Festival & Celebrations
Top to Bottom
Saturday 7 Aug, 2021
- Time6am - 8am
- LocationMighty Supertrail
- Bib Collection6th – 3pm to 5pm
7th – 6am to 6:15am
at Thredbo VT Guest Services
- Rider Briefing6:25am at base of Kosciuszko Express
Racers ready? The annual Top to Bottom is back for 2021!
The iconic Top to Bottom is Australia’s richest, fastest and longest downhill race for skiers and boarders. With over $25,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs, it’s one of the most lucrative as well…definitely worth slipping into the lycra.
As the sun rises, racers line up at the top of Thredbo’s iconic Supertrail, Australia’s longest run, ready to take on the 3.2-kilometre downhill with their skis and boards in hand. They run in boots for a 100-metre dash before clicking/strapping in for a fast-paced blast to the bottom. This is where the battle begins as riders head to the village below, dropping 600 vertical metres while navigating, gates, straights and other racers.
The event draws over 300 competitors across eight categories. It starts at dawn with racing over before first lifts.
Not feeling brave enough to take part in the race, but don’t want to miss out on all the action? Enjoy the race and a glass of bubbles at the prestigious Kareela Hutte Champagne Breakfast!
RACE EVENT DETAILS
- 5:45am | Courtesy Bus commences from Friday Flat
- 6:00am – 6:15 am | Valley Terminal Guest Service opens for bib/transponder collection
- 6:35am | Compulsory Racer briefing for entrants at the base of Kosciuszko Express
- 6:40am | First ride up Kosciuszko Express
- 6:50am – 7:10am | Course inspection, beneath Kosciuszko Express only – ONE RUN ONLY
- 7:20am | Forerunners on course
- 7:25am | Racing Commences
- 8:30am | Presentation for all categories
*Please note you will receive a limited edition Top to Bottom T-shirt after your race once you return your transponder.
- Entry Fee: $85
- Exclusive Pass Offer: Add a discounted lift pass to enjoy the mountain all day for $139
Registration closes Thursday 5th August at 5pm.
Helmets are compulsory for all competitors
- Pro Men Ski: Registered FIS Racers, Instructors, professional skiers and previous winners of any men’s ski category.
- Amateur Men Ski: Recreational skiers under 35 years who have never competed in World Cup/FIS or Continental Cup races, or have never previously won this category.
- Master Men Ski (age 35-49): Recreational skiers between 35 to 49 years who have never competed in World Cup/FIS or Continental Cup races and/or events, or have never previously won this category.
- Veteran Men Ski (age 50+): Recreational skiers 50 years and over who have never competed in World Cup/FIS or Continental Cup races and/or events, or have never previously won this category.
- Open Women Ski: Open to all Women Skiers
- Masters Women Ski: Recreational skiers 35 years and over who have never competed in World Cup/FIS or Continental Cup races and/or events, or have never previously won this category
- Open Men Snowboard: Open to all Men Snowboarders
- Open Women Snowboard: Open to all Women Snowboarders
*Must be over the age of 18 years old
*Age at 12th June 2021
Friday 6th August
- 3pm – 5pm | Bib Collection at Valley Terminal Guest Services
Saturday 7th August
- 6am – 6:15am | Bib Collection at Valley Terminal Guest Services
- 6:25am | Compulsory rider briefing
- 6:50am – 7:10am | Course Inspection
- 7:25am | Racing Commences
- 8:30am | Presentation for all categories.
Ski & Snowboard Australia Membership 2020
Membership will open soon for 2021. Please follow the steps below to register or renew your membership for the upcoming season.
All Ski & Snowboard Australia memberships include:
- FREE Snowracer including domestic competition and officials insurance cover
- an active and unique SnowID
- Access to HeadSmart Baseline Concussion Screening
- Opportunity to purchase Snow Equipment Cover during registration
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!