Festival & Celebrations
Top to Bottom
presented by G.H. Mumm &
Saturday 6 Aug, 2022
- Time6am - 8am
- Bib Collection5 Aug – 3pm to 5pm
6 Aug – 6am to 6.15am
at Thredbo VT Guest Services
- Rider Briefing6:25am at base of Kosciuszko Express
Racers Ready? The iconic Top to Bottom returns for another action packed year!
This marquee Thredbo event continues it’s long legacy as Australia’s richest, fastest and longest downhill race for skiers and boarders.
With over $25,000 in cash and prizes up for grabs, plus a massive after party…this event is not to be missed!
As the sun rises, racers line up at the top of Thredbo’s iconic Supertrail, Australia’s longest run, ready to take on the 3.2-kilometre downhill with their skis and boards in hand. They run in boots for a 100-metre dash before clicking/strapping in for a fast-paced blast to the bottom. This is where the battle begins as riders head to the village below, dropping 600 vertical metres while navigating, gates, straights and other racers. It starts at dawn with racing over before first lifts.
Not feeling brave enough to take part in the race, but don’t want to miss out on all the action? Enjoy the race and a glass of bubbles at the prestigious Kareela Hutte Top to Bottom Breakfast presented by G.H. Mumm.
RACE EVENT DETAILS
- 5.45am | Courtesy Bus commences from Friday Flat
- 5.45am – 6.15 am | Valley Terminal Guest Service opens for bib/transponder collection
- 6.35am | Compulsory Racer briefing for entrants at the base of Kosciuszko Express
- 6.40am | First ride up Kosciuszko Express
- 6.50am – 7.10am | Course inspection, beneath Kosciuszko Express only – ONE RUN ONLY
- 7.20am | Forerunners on course
- 7.25am | Racing Commences
- 8.30am | Presentation for all categories
*Please note you will receive a limited edition Top to Bottom T-shirt after your race once you return your transponder.
- Entry Fee: $89
- Exclusive Pass Offer: $135
Registration closes Thursday 4 August at 5pm unless sold out prior.
Helmets are compulsory for all competitors.
- Pro Men Ski: Registered FIS Racers, Instructors, professional skiers and previous winners of any men’s ski category.
- Amateur Men Ski: Recreational skiers under 35 years
- Master Men Ski (age 35-49): Recreational skiers between 35 to 49 years
- Veteran Men Ski (age 50+): Recreational skiers 50 years and over
- Open Women Ski: Open to all Women Skiers
- Masters Women Ski: Recreational skiers over 35 years
- Open Men Snowboard: Open to all Men Snowboarders
- Open Women Snowboard: Open to all Women Snowboarders
*Must be over 18 years old
*Age as at 6 August 2022
Friday 6 August
- 3pm – 5pm | Bib Collection at Valley Terminal Guest Services
Saturday 7 August
- 5.45am – 6.15am | Bib Collection at Valley Terminal Guest Services
- 6.25am | Compulsory rider briefing
- 6.50am – 7.10am | Course Inspection
- 7.25am | Racing Commences
- 8.30am | Presentation for all categories.
Heineken Saturday ft. Discovery – Daft Punk Tribute
Heineken Saturday will play host to the biggest night of the season with Discovery – Daft Punk Tribute set to bring down the curtains on a massive day of racing and good times. Celebrate all the Top to Bottom action under the alpine night sky, with an amazing line-up of Australia’s hottest music acts and pop-up Heineken bar.
Top to Bottom Champagne Breakfast
Get the best seat in the house for the iconic Top to Bottom race at the Kareela Hutte Champagne Breakfast. This VIP experience is the only event of its kind with champagne, sunrise views, a deluxe buffet breakfast, all the race action and first tracks!
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!