Mountain Bike Park
Gravity Girls Retreat
Saturday 16 - Sunday 17 Feb, 2019
The Gravity Girls Retreat weekend returns in 2019 with a huge schedule of riding, skills sessions, yoga & social events. The Thredbo Gravity Girls Retreat is for all girls who want to improve their gravity riding and confidence on the mountain. The weekend is all about skilling up on your bike, getting your gravity on and building confidence to comfortably ride mountain plus a little relaxing and socialising thrown into the mix. The coaches are some of the best female instructors in the country – Claire Whiteman, Jo Larkin, Tegan Molloy & Alysha McNee head up the weekend and will cover everything from body position, confidently cornering, taking on the berms, learning to love rock gardens – all you need to comfortably ride gravity trails.
Friday February 15
6:00pm: Welcome Drinks at the Thredbo Alpine Hotel.
Saturday February 16
9:30am: Morning skills session
12:30pm: Picnic Lunch at the top of the Kosciuszko Express Chairlift
1:30pm: Afternoon skills sessions
7:00pm: Group dinner at Cascades Restaurant.
Sunday February 17
8:15am: Yoga with Jindabyne Yoga Shala.
9:30am: Morning skills sessions
12:30pm: Lunch at Alpine Hotel Bistro (Not included)
1.30pm: Afternoon skills sessions
3:00pm: Weekend debrief & prizes
INCLUSIONS & PRICING
- Lift access: Option without Lift Access for Thredbo 365 Pass Holders
- 2 Days of tuition and coaching
- Yoga with Jane Corben from Jindabyne Yoga Shala
- Saturday night group dinner at Cascades Restaurant – Choose 2 courses from the fresh summer menu
- Picnic Lunch on Saturday
- Gravity Girls DHaRCO riding jersey
Retreat & Lift Access = $354
Retreat Only = $274
- Claire Whiteman – A downhill racer at heart, Claire has racked up multiple race wins on the National circuit and has also represented Australia at the UCI World Champs in both DH & Four-Cross. Claire has now shifted her focus to enduro riding and is known nationally as one of Australia’s best female riders.
- Tegan Molloy – Tegan has been riding the Thredbo Mountain Bike Park since she was 10 years of age. She has travelled Australia & the world numerous times racing her bike and has achieved some outstanding results along the way including being crowned the 2014 Junior DH World Champion. Tegan has her PMBI Level 1 qualification.
- Jo Larkin – Once regarded as one of the best female downhill racers in the country, Jo has spent numerous years following the race circuit and has spent a number of summers coaching as a mountain bike instructor. Jo has her PMBIA Level 1 qualification.
- Julia ‘Indi’ Boer – A former racer at heart, Indi has won many national & international titles and has made the national team numerous times. She is also coach of the Australian Junior DH Team & a full time MTB skills coach. Indi’s love for mountain biking is infectious.
YOGA - JINDABYNE YOGA SHALA
Jane Corben is the founder & principal teacher at Jindabyne Yoga Shala. 40 years of practice has been her guide, syncing her physically, energetically, mentally & emotionally through numerous life changes.
Various teacher trainings have enabled her to confidently teach Classical Hatha, Modern Vinyasa & Yin, all inter fused with Tantra & Ayurveda philosophies plus the wisdom of her own journey. Her continuing depth of study has also led to her own fusion style.
She has trained with some of the World’s & Australia’s best, including Duncan Peak (Power Living), Nicole Walsh & Rod Galbraith (InYoga), Jo McPhee (YinYoga), Octavio Salvador & Karina Guthrie (The Practice Bali), Shiva Rea, Ana Forrest, Seane Corn & Amy Ippoliti.
Jane is a registered Level 1 teacher with Yoga Australia & internationally registered with Yoga Alliance at their highest level.
Experience mountain dining at its best at Cascades Restaurant. Relax and indulge with fresh modern cuisine, an extensive wine list and exceptional customer service accented by sweeping views. Executive Chef Kane Stamp’s menu uses only the finest ingredients and embraces the winter season with tender meats and delectable desserts.
Accommodation in Thredbo offers stunning mountain views, convenience and comfort for all guests. Choose from lodges, hotels, on-snow chalets, luxurious apartments and self contain units.
Whether it’s a weekend away with your mates, a romantic getaway or family holiday the team at Thredbo Resort Centre can help make it effortlessly happen. Click here for bookings & more info.View more