Hike to Kosci
Thursday 22 Jul, 2021
- Hike to Kosci8am @ Meet Base of Kosciuszko Express Chairlift
- Cost$10 + Backcountry Pass
On Thursday the 22nd of July come join us for a morning hike to Mt Kosciuszko to raise awareness about Thredbo’s environmental initiatives and how we can work towards a more sustainable future, today.
The community will come together in nature’s playground to showcase the environment and what we need to do to take care of it. The hike to the top of Mt Kosciuszko is open for all backcountry snow enthusiasts to show their support for their backyard.
8am | Meet Kosciuszko Express Chairlift
8.30am | First lifts
9am | Start hike
Hike to Kosci
Come join us for a mass hike out to Mt.Kosciuszko to raise awareness around protecting our winters!
When: Thursday 22 July
Where: Meet at the bottom of Kosciuszko Express chairlift and hike to Mt Kosciuszko
Cost: $10 + Backcountry Access Pass (if you don’t have a valid day ticket)
High Intermediate to Advanced Riders: Open to high intermediate to advanced skiers and snowboarders aged 16 and over. Please note you must have a beacon, probe, shovel, helmet plus hiking equipment to take part in the hike. We will be doing a beacon check on all participants.
You must be registered to be part of this event
Thredbo Environmental Initiatives
- This winter, all snowmaking and lift operating emissions will be 100% offset thanks to your new Arnhem Land Fire Abatement (ALFA) partnership.
- Since 2009 Thredbo have partnered with Greenfleet to offset the operation emissions of our entire fleet of snow groomers and company vehicles. You can help out too by purchasing a $4.00 tree to offset your car trip emissions when you buy any lift product. Thredbo will be matching all donations throughout Enviro Week.
- Thredbo is a proud partner of Protect Our Winters (POW). POW is a passionate crew of snow enthusiasts who care about protecting our incredible winter environment. Our goal through this partnership is to raise awareness towards the issue of climate change and to continuously improve Thredbo’s environmental performance.
- Thredbo has removed single use plastic bags from all Thredbo outlets as well as moving to biodegradable and commercially compostable packaging, cutlery and paper straws.
- All of Thredbo’s outlets are now using LED lights as well as the Thredbo Alpine Hotel adding restrictors to all taps and shower heads to reduce flow volume. The installation of waterless urinals alone saves 500,000 litres of water per year.
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!