Lessons & Programs
Thredbo has one of the best ski and snowboard schools in Australia and offers a variety of lesson and programs to suit all abilities. Ski and snowboard lessons from Thredbo’s outstanding team of instructors provide the best possible opportunity to learn or improve your skills, build confidence on the mountain and access lift line priority.
- Little Rippers (3-6 Years)
- Shred Crew (7 to 17 Years)
- Development Squad – School Holidays Only
- Development Squad – (7 to 17 Years) Full Time/Season Long
- Mountain Academy – Moguls Skiing (10-17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Multi Discipline Skiing (12 – 17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Boarder Cross Team (12 – 17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Slopestyle Skiing (12-17 years)
Mountain Academy – Moguls Skiing (10-17 years)
This program aims at improving mogul skills and air manoeuvres. Athletes who participate in this program must be fit and willing to increase their strength and cardio fitness. Athletes will be encouraged to participate in several mogul events throughout the season allowing them to produce their best performance in a competitive environment.
The following criteria will be used as a guide for admission into the program:
- Achieved consistent individual competition results at State Interschools or similar level
- Demonstrated a commitment to training and overall fitness
- Demonstrated ongoing commitment to gymnastics and or trampoline program
- Potential to acquire skills to transfer to a NSW team level
- Is a strong all-mountain skier both on and off-piste
- Be prepared to commit to season-long training
- Be prepared to travel to Victoria for events if required
- Up to 45 days of training and competition support included throughout the season
- Experienced coaches from around the globe
- Planned and structured training sessions
- Goal setting and follow up
- Competition preparation and support
- Healthy meals and nutrition support
- Team après jacket and knee pads will be supplied
- Access to dryland training
- Access to ACE facility
What You Need To Know
- Athletes are required to express interest and will undergo selection criteria for this program
- Athletes must possess a high commitment level and desire to compete at a competitive pathway level
- Training times and days will vary depending on competition, facility availability and conditions
- Athletes will have access to a locker and storage facility in the Thredbo Leisure Centre
- In the case of injury or other detailed occurrences, program protection can be purchased for an additional $30
- Events supported by Mountain Academy coaching staff
- State and National Interschools
- NSW Junior Series Mogul Event- Perisher and Thredbo
- ABOM- Mount Buller
- Thredbo Snow Series event
- Other SSA Freestyle calendar events
- Other events will be considered in consultation.
- It is recommended that all athletes hold a current SSA Freestyle race licence to enable them to compete at the relevant level.
- Age Requirements
- 10 years and above for Moguls
- 12 years and above for Slopestyle
- 12 years and above for Multi-Discipline
- 12 years and above for Rider Cross
- Advanced, competitive athletes
- Program commences on June 23
- Program times and days vary to meet training and competition requirements
- Does not include lift pass
- 2018 season pass with Leisure Centre access is required. Click here to purchase a season pass.
- 2018 Mountain Academy Calendar Example
- Please note training calendars will be formed with each individual group
For further information contact
Phone: 02 64594172
Thredbo Mountain Academy
The Mountain Academy has been developed in Thredbo to provide athletes 12 and above with a pathway to train and develop the skills required for state or national team levels of competition. Interested athletes must register their interest as this program will include a selection process.
Moguls Team – Full Time and Part Time (10-17 years)
This program aims at improving developed mogul skills in addition to training to air maneuvers using a mogul jump.
Slopestyle Team – Full Time and Part Timer (12-17 years)
The aim of this program is to challenge strong all mountain skiers to develop their aerial skills in the terrain parks and from larger jumps.
Snowboard Rider Cross Team- Full time and Part time (12-17 years)
This program has been established to assist snowboarders develop their skill to become more competitive in a Rider Cross competition.
Multi Discipline Team – Full Time (12-17 years)
This program is for the high end snow sports athlete who would like to follow a pathway program but is not yet ready to choose one discipline.
All bookings are subject to a selection process. Alternatives such as the Thredbo Development Squad program will be offered for athletes to continue developing appropriate skills if not selected.
Thredbo Season Pass with Leisure Centre Access is required for all participants
It is recommended that all athletes hold a current SSA race licence to enable them to compete at the relevant level.