Lessons & Programs
Thredbo has one of the best ski and snowboard schools in Australia and offers a variety of lesson and programs to suit all abilities. Ski and snowboard lessons from Thredbo’s outstanding team of instructors provide the best possible opportunity to learn or improve your skills, build confidence on the mountain and access lift line priority.
- Little Rippers (3-6 Years)
- Shred Crew (7 to 17 Years)
- Development Squad – School Holidays Only
- Development Squad – (7 to 17 Years) Full Time/Season Long
- Mountain Academy – Moguls Skiing (10-17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Multi Discipline Skiing (12 – 17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Boarder Cross Team (12 – 17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Slopestyle Skiing (12-17 years)
Mountain Academy – Boarder Cross Team (12 – 17 years)
This program is for snowboarders developing skills to become more competitive in Boarder Cross competitions. Suitable snowboard athletes will have competed competitively at a State Interschool level or similar. The program will prepare them for progression into a state or national team through exposure to FIS level competition. A designated start facility will be constructed through the season for athletes to train and master their competition skills. Some early morning gate sessions will be scheduled in addition to sessions in Thredbo’s terrain parks.
The following criteria will be used as a guide for admission into the program:
- Able to comfortably attempt and land medium and large sized jumps at speed
- Is a strong all mountain snowboarder both on and off-piste
- Demonstrated a commitment to training and overall fitness
- Potential to acquire skills to transfer to a NSW team level
- Be prepared to commit to season long training
- Be prepared to travel to Victoria for events if required
- Experienced coaches from around the globe
- Planned and structured training sessions
- Goal setting and follow up
- Competition preparation and support
- Healthy meals and nutrition support
- Team layering jacket
- Access to dryland training
- Access to ACE facility
- Up to 45 days of training and competition support included throughout the season
What You Need To Know
- Athletes are required to express interest and will undergo a selection criteria for this program
- Athletes must possess a high commitment level and desire to compete at a competitive pathway level
- Training times and days will vary depending on competition, facility availability and conditions
- Athletes will have access to a locker and storage facility in the Thredbo Leisure Centre
- In the case of injury or other detailed occurrence program protection can be purchased for an additional $30
- Events supported by Mountain Academy coaching staff
- State and National Interschools
- Thredbo Snow Series event
- ANC series
- Other SSA events
- Other events will be considered upon consultation
- It is recommended that all athletes hold a current SSA Snowboard race licence to enable them to compete at the relevant level.
- Age Requirements
- 10 years and above for Moguls
- 12 years and above for Slopestyle
- 12 years and above for Multi-Discipline
- 12 years and above for Rider Cross
- Advanced, competitive athletes
- Program commences on June 23
- Program times and days vary to meet training and competition requirements
- 2018 season pass with Leisure Centre access is required Click here to purchase a season pass.
- Does not include lift pass
- 2018 Mountain Academy Calendar Example
- Please note final training calendars will be formed with each individual group
For further information contact
Phone: 02 64594172
Thredbo Mountain Academy
The Mountain Academy has been developed in Thredbo to provide athletes 12 and above with a pathway to train and develop the skills required for state or national team levels of competition. Interested athletes must register their interest as this program will include a selection process.
Moguls Team – Full Time and Part Time (10-17 years)
This program aims at improving developed mogul skills in addition to training to air maneuvers using a mogul jump.
Slopestyle Team – Full Time and Part Timer (12-17 years)
The aim of this program is to challenge strong all mountain skiers to develop their aerial skills in the terrain parks and from larger jumps.
Snowboard Rider Cross Team- Full time and Part time (12-17 years)
This program has been established to assist snowboarders develop their skill to become more competitive in a Rider Cross competition.
Multi Discipline Team – Full Time (12-17 years)
This program is for the high end snow sports athlete who would like to follow a pathway program but is not yet ready to choose one discipline.
All bookings are subject to a selection process. Alternatives such as the Thredbo Development Squad program will be offered for athletes to continue developing appropriate skills if not selected.
Thredbo Season Pass with Leisure Centre Access is required for all participants
It is recommended that all athletes hold a current SSA race licence to enable them to compete at the relevant level.