Lessons & Programs
Thredbo has one of the best ski and snowboard schools in Australia and offers a variety of lesson and programs to suit all abilities. Ski and snowboard lessons from Thredbo’s outstanding team of instructors provide the best possible opportunity to learn or improve your skills, build confidence on the mountain and access lift line priority.
- Little Rippers (3-6 Years)
- Shred Crew (7 to 17 Years)
- Development Squad – School Holidays Only
- Development Squad – (7 to 17 Years) Full Time/Season Long
- Mountain Academy – Moguls Skiing (10-17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Multi Discipline Skiing (12 – 17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Boarder Cross Team (12 – 17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Slopestyle Skiing (12-17 years)
Mountain Academy – Multi Discipline Skiing (12 – 17 years)
This program is for the snow sports athlete who would like to develop elite skills across all ski disciplines and aspires to compete at a high level. The athlete joining the team will have strong technical all-mountain and GS skills, aggressively ski a mogul course and be dedicated to working on aerial skills and overall ski strength and fitness. The athletes in this program will be dedicated towards participating in a variety of events throughout the season.
The following criteria will be used as a guide for admission into the program:
- Achieved consistent individual competition results at State Interschools or similar level in GS, Skier Cross and Moguls
- Demonstrated a commitment to training and overall fitness
- Potential to acquire skills to transfer to a NSW team level
- Is a strong all mountain skier both on and off-piste
- Be prepared to commit to season long training
- Experienced coaches from around the globe
- Planned and structured training sessions
- Goal setting and follow up
- Competition preparation and support
- Healthy meals and nutrition support
- Team layering jacket will be supplied
- Develop an awareness of pathways in alpine and freestyle
- Access to dryland training
- Access to ACE facility
- Up to 45 days of training and competition support included throughout the season
What You Need To Know
- Athletes are required to express interest and will undergo a selection criteria for this program
- Athletes must possess a high commitment level and desire to compete at a competitive pathway level
- Training times and days will vary depending on competition, facility availability and conditions
- Athletes will have access to a locker and storage facility in the Thredbo Leisure centre
- In the case of injury or other detailed occurrence program protection can be purchased for an additional $30
- Events supported by Mountain Academy coaching staff
- State and National Interschools
- NSW Junior Series Mogul Event- Perisher and Thredbo
- Thredbo Snow Series event
- SSA Children’s Series
- Other events will be considered upon consultation
- It is required that all athletes hold a current SSA alpine/Freestyle race licence to enable them to compete at the relevant level and participate in the National Skills Assessment
- Age Requirements
- 10 years and above for Moguls
- 12 years and above for Slopestyle
- 12 years and above for Multi Discipline
- 12 years and above for Rider Cross
- Advanced, competitive athletes with goals
- Program commences on June 23
- Program times and days vary to meet training and competition requirements
- 2018 season pass with Leisure Centre access is required. Click here to purchase season pass
- Does not include lift pass
- 2018 Mountain Academy Calendar Example
- Please note final training calendars will be formed with each individual group
For further information contact
Phone: 02 64594172
Thredbo Mountain Academy
The Mountain Academy has been developed in Thredbo to provide athletes 12 and above with a pathway to train and develop the skills required for state or national team levels of competition. Interested athletes must register their interest as this program will include a selection process.
Moguls Team – Full Time and Part Time (10-17 years)
This program aims at improving developed mogul skills in addition to training to air maneuvers using a mogul jump.
Slopestyle Team – Full Time and Part Timer (12-17 years)
The aim of this program is to challenge strong all mountain skiers to develop their aerial skills in the terrain parks and from larger jumps.
Snowboard Rider Cross Team- Full time and Part time (12-17 years)
This program has been established to assist snowboarders develop their skill to become more competitive in a Rider Cross competition.
Multi Discipline Team – Full Time (12-17 years)
This program is for the high end snow sports athlete who would like to follow a pathway program but is not yet ready to choose one discipline.
All bookings are subject to a selection process. Alternatives such as the Thredbo Development Squad program will be offered for athletes to continue developing appropriate skills if not selected.
Thredbo Season Pass with Leisure Centre Access is required for all participants
It is recommended that all athletes hold a current SSA race licence to enable them to compete at the relevant level.