Merritts Gondola Virtual Launch | First Look...
- There are 157 independent footings across the project. This involved 1196m3 of concrete which equates to 2870 tonnes or 574 African Elephants
- The next phase of the construction involves the mechanical install. Hundreds of tonnes of steel and thousands of bolts are required to accomplish this. This equipment was shipped from Austria to Australia in over 40 shipping containers
- 5 Towers were flown by a Blackhawk helicopter with loads of up to 3 tonnes being landed on the Schuss section of the Merritts lift line
- The rope from Switzerland is then spliced. It is 2784m long….approximately 20 Aussie Rules football fields long or 24 NRL fields long
- The top speed is 5m/s or 18km/h
- The ride is 6 minutes top to bottom with a bottom elevation of 1370m and a top elevation of 1665m
Follow the Construction Journey
New Merritts Gondola Construction Update
Construction of Australia’s only alpine Gondola is well underway and on target for completion ahead of the upcoming 2020 winter snow season at Thredbo Resort. This exciting development will see the Merritts double chairlift replaced with a high speed, eight-person Gondola that will quadruple the capacity of the previous lift and further enhance the award-winning Thredbo experience.
Merritts Gondola Construction Update | Developments & Final Steps
It’s shiny, it’s new and it’s almost here. We’ve been busy working on the construction of the new high speed, eight-person Merritts Gondola with heaps of exciting developments as the project goes into the final stages.
Follow us on social
Warning: file_get_contents(https://graph.instagram.com/me/media/?fields=id,media_type,media_url,thumbnail_url,caption,permalink,timestamp&access_token=IGQVJYZAGZAKbWxiX0VuTTNoOWw2SW9Xd0R3VzR1LWhFT25HTnhqQVpnc2lRZA0RQS0hWZAHN3ZAl9YSFd6aHpXVVc2eVJfTnE4eHptN1FtYnM0Q0NhQ0E2aXVWNlM4RHJSV1BVZAjNpWDJB): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /u01/code/thredbo.com.au/themes/thredbo-2017/lib/extras.php on line 1156
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!