The MTB Masterclass clinic is recommended for riders looking to increase speed through rock gardens and steeper terrain plus advancing skills on larger jumps and drops.
The clinic focuses on technical line choices, aggressive riding positions and race preparation. This clinic is ideal for riders who are looking to boost their confidence on black trails including the Cannonball Downhill.
Participants should be confident on all intermediate trails and features in the MTB Park.
- Class size: Max 4
- Location: High intermediate (blue) and advanced (black) gravity trails in the MTB Park
- Meeting Time: 1:20pm for a 1:30pm start
- Meeting Location: MTB School flags at the Beginner Skills Park. View Map
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Before The Lesson: Meet and greet with your instructor. You will be allocated to a group based on your ability level and age (7-13 years or 14+ years)
- Pick Up: Children can be picked up at 3:30pm at the meeting location
- Weekends and Peak Periods: If you plan to pick up your MyThredbo Card or bike rental before your lesson, please leave sufficient time to do so. Please note, during peak holiday and weekend periods in-resort wait times may be lengthy (up to 45 minutes)
- Your MyThredbo card which gives you MTB lift access
- Comfortable riding clothes including MTB riding shorts or pants
- Dual suspension mountain bike (Enduro or Downhill) with disc brakes is highly recommended. However a mountain bike with front suspension and two functional brakes with handle bar levels (no back pedal brakes) is the minimum requirement
- Protective equipment – Helmet (full-face highly recommended), knee pads, elbow guards, gloves, goggles and sturdy closed toe shoes
- Small backpack or hydration pack with extra layers and wet weather gear
Check out some of the advanced gravity trails we’ll be hitting during the MTB Masterclass Clinic…
Starting at 1930m above sea level, riders are taken over 10km down through the impressive mountain landscape with uninterrupted views of the Thredbo Valley. Although not as steep as the Flow Trail, it offers intermediate and advanced riders plenty of variety and line choice. Once at the Creek Station, riders can climb back to the Kosciuszko Express, take the easy cruise via Friday Drive or continue along the Thredbo Valley Track.
Thredbo’s signature trail, descending 600m vertically through the tree-lined Supertrail slopes. Cannonball tests riders with off-camber roots, rock drops, jumps, wall-ride and other technical features that the gravity specialists dream about. Recent upgrades include more fall-line added along with some big jumps in the mix for the freeriders.
Explore All MTB Clinic Levels
Private MTB Clinic
Riding with friends and family?
Hire an instructor clinic for a group of up to 3 riders.
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!
Thredbo sits on the traditional land of the Monero – Ngarigo people who have looked after this land, water and community for over 70,000 years. We thank them for all they have done and continue to do to look after their country, a special place which we all love and respect.