Contract for Winter On-Mountain Experiences
Last Updated 20 April 2022
RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING SKIING, SNOWBOARDING, USING LIFTS AND TO A LESSER DEGREE HIKING) INVOLVE A SIGNIFICANT RISK OF PHYSICAL HARM OR PERSONAL INJURY INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY AND/OR DEATH TO PARTICIPANTS. ANY SUCH INJURY MAY RESULT NOT ONLY FROM YOUR ACTIONS BUT FROM THE ACTION, OMISSION OR NEGLIGENCE OF OTHERS.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Issued by Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd (referred to throughout as ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’) as operator of the Thredbo Alpine Resort (‘Resort’ or ‘Thredbo’).
By accessing the Resort you acknowledge that you have read and understood, and agree to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions of Use. Any adults who are parents or guardians of children who are unable to accept these Terms and Conditions of Use in their own capacity, do so on their behalf and must ensure they comply with them. Separate and additional terms and conditions may apply to the use of some of our facilities, equipment and services.
These Terms and Conditions of Use refer to various rights that may be exercised in our discretion, and the discretion of our staff. Mountain based recreational activities can be dangerous, and as a result we need the right to do so. We will, however, endeavour to ensure those rights are exercised in accordance with all applicable laws, and having regard to the need to protect staff, customers, property and equipment.
- You must observe our COVID-19 Safety Policy and (for snow sports) the Alpine Responsibility Code (both as set out below, and as updated in our discretion by notices displayed throughout the Resort) and conduct yourself in a safe, responsible and controlled manner at all times.
- The use of any snow or mountain sport equipment or devices, whether recreational or otherwise, other than skis or snowboards during our snow season (and mountain bikes when permitted, or other equipment we approve in our discretion) is not permitted within the Resort boundary. Tobogganing and general snow-play is not permitted within the Resort boundary.
- You must read and comply with all signs and follow all directions given by us and our staff, and by any public health official or law enforcement officer.
- You acknowledge that the risks associated with mountain based recreational activities are not always prominent, conspicuous or physically observable and you accept those risks nonetheless.
Limitations and exclusions of liability:
- This section contains limitations and exclusions on our liability. Those limitations and exclusions are not intended to apply in any circumstances where the law does not permit us to do so, whether under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW) or otherwise.
- You engage in any recreational activity at your own risk, and you acknowledge that except to the extent that the law provides that liability cannot be excluded, we are not liable for breach of any warranty that services we provide will be rendered with reasonable care and skill.
- Where we provide “recreational services” as defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (which include sporting activities or similar leisure time pursuits), to the maximum extent permitted by that legislation we exclude all liability to you for personal injury (as defined below) arising out of any failure by us (or our employees or agents) to comply with any consumer guarantees applying under that legislation (including those set out in the Australian Consumer Law). For these purposes, “personal injury” means:
b) any physical or mental injury of an individual (including the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury);
c) the contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease of an individual; and
d) the coming into existence, the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs in relation to an individual:
i. that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to an individual or community; or
ii. that may result in harm or disadvantage to an individual or community.
- Where liability cannot be excluded, we limit our liability to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- We make no warranties in relation to the services to be provided. Without limiting paragraph 2 above, all warranties, representations or conditions relating to the services we provide (whether express or implied and whether arising out of contract, at common law or under statute) are to the maximum extent permitted by law expressly excluded and you acknowledge that our liability under any statutory right or any condition or warranty implied by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) which cannot be excluded, is limited at our option to the resupply of the services or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Except to the extent that the law, including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) provides that liability cannot be excluded, you acknowledge that we are not liable to you for any Personal Injury or death, which includes loss, damage, injury to you or any persons and any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or economic loss or damage to you or any persons (including loss of opportunities, exemplary or punitive damages) whether arising from default, negligence, misconduct or otherwise by us, our employees or our agents and you indemnify us against all such claims.
- However nothing limits our liability for representations or other communications (either oral or written) made by us, where by law such liability cannot be excluded.
- The term “including” in these Terms and Conditions of Use is not a term of limitation.
Your On-Mountain Experience:
- Your On-Mountain Experience:
a. Is valid only for the period of usage specified to or selected by you when purchased.
b. Must only be used by you and only on dates for which it has been validly purchased.
c. May require you to enter or exit a snowcat via a step ladder.
d. Does not permit any access to ski areas unless instructed by authorised employees or agents. Any breech of this condition will result in cancellation of the On-Mountain Experience with no refund issued.
e. Will not be refunded in whole or part if:
i. you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
ii. any facilities are not operating for any reason, including weather, safety or any other operational closure, restriction or limitation or as directed by our staff in their discretion; or
iii. any portion of the On-Mountain Experience is un-used.
iv. except as described in our COVID-19 Safety Policy.
- May be cancelled by us at any time:
a. if you fail to adhere to these Terms and Conditions of Use, which include the COVID-19 Safety Policy and the Alpine Responsibility Code; or
b. we otherwise consider appropriate in our discretion to protect our staff, customers, property and equipment, including in response to unacceptable behaviour by you that includes physical or verbal abuse towards our staff and other customers.
- To maximise safety for staff, customers, property and equipment, we prohibit the unauthorised operation or use of any remotely piloted aircraft or any form of aerial drones (whether by recreational or commercial users) within the Resort area without our approval.
THREDBO CANCELLATION POLICY:
Please refer to https://www.thredbo.com.au/terms-conditions/ for terms and conditions in relation to cancelling a Thredbo product or service.
COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY:
Please refer to www.thredbo.com.au/about-thredbo/covid-19-update for the most up to date information.
THREDBO DRONE POLICY:
To maximise safety for staff, customers, property and equipment, we prohibit the unauthorised operation or use of any remotely piloted aircraft or any form of aerial drones (whether by recreational or commercial users) within the Resort area without our approval.
To the extent permitted by law, and subject to Thredbo’s Cancellation Policy, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct or consequential), nor be in default under these Terms and Conditions, for failure to observe or perform any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions for any reason or cause which could not, with reasonable diligence, be controlled or prevented. These reasons or causes include any act of God, strike, lockout or other industrial disturbance or labour difficulty, act of public enemy, war (whether declared or not), blockade, revolution, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, pandemic, epidemic, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis or any governmental orders or measures imposed to address such public health crisis, including quarantine or any other social restrictions, lightning, storm, flood, fire, earthquake or any other natural disaster or extreme weather condition, explosion, any action, inaction, demand, order, restraint, restriction, change in law, requirement, prevention, frustration or hindrance by or of any person, government or competent authority, embargoes, unavailability of any essential equipment, chemicals or other materials, unavoidable accident, lack of transportation and any other cause whether specifically referred to above or otherwise which is not within our reasonable control.
IF YOU BREACH ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WE MAY REQUIRE YOU TO FORFEIT YOUR ON-MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE AND RESORT ACCESS, IN WHICH CASE YOU WILL LOSE ALL PRIVILEGES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ON-MOUNTAIN EXPERIENCE PASS.
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!