MOUNTAIN BIKE RESPONSIBILITY CODE
Regardless of how you enjoy your mountain bike sport always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are inherent risks in all mountain bike recreational activities. Common sense, protective equipment and personal awareness can reduce risk. These risks include weather, visibility, surfaces as well as natural and artificial hazards such as rocks, trees, stumps, vehicles, lift towers fences and other Thredbo resort equipment.
OBSERVE THE CODE AND SHARE WITH OTHERS THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR A GREAT EXPERIENCE
1. Know your ability and always stay in control at all times. It is your responsibility to avoid other people and objects around you. It is your responsibility to stay in control on the ground and in the air.
2. Take lessons from professional instructors to learn and progress.
3. Do not stop where you obstruct the trail or are not visible from above
4. When entering a trail or starting downhill, you should look uphill and give way to other riders.
5. Before using any lift you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely and always use restraining devices.
6. Please assist if you are involved in or witness a collision or accident and identify yourself to the Bike Patrollers.
7. Do not use a lift or undertake any form of mountain biking if your ability is impaired by drugs or alcohol.
8. Keep off closed areas and obey all signs and warnings.
9. Stay on marked trails. Do not cut switchbacks.
10. Observe and obey all “Walking Zones” Dismount your bike and walk.
11. It is mandatory to wear a helmet on all trails. Full-face helmets are highly recommended on all trails.
12. Full-face helmets are mandatory on the Cannonball Downhill Trail.
KNOW THE MOUNTAIN BIKE CODE IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
FAILURE TO OBSERVE THE CODE MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF YOUR TICKET OR PASS BY BIKE PATROL OR OTHER AUTHORISED PERSONNEL.
“RESPECT GETS RESPECT”
FROM THE LIFT LINE, TO THE TRAILS, THROUGH THE PARK AND THE RESORT
To maximise safety for guests, employees, and resort property, Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd prohibits the unauthorised operation or use of any Remotely Piloted Aircraft or any form of Aerial Drones within our leasehold area. This includes recreational users and unauthorised commercial users – prohibiting drone use unless approved by Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd.
PLEASE NOTE NEW ELECTRONIC BIKE POLICY:
- All bikes including E Bikes are banned from accessing all mountain roads (summer roads).
- E Bikes are allowed to access our gravity trails via the Chairlift for use in one direction from top to bottom on designated trails.
- E Bikes can be ridden on the Thredbo XC network.
The following restrictions apply for E bike Models:
- A maximum of 250 watt motor.
- E Bikes can only be pedal assisted (no Throttle permitted).
- E Bikes can only be a maximum weight of 30kg.