Gift Card Terms & Conditions
The Gift Card Terms and Conditions set out all the conditions applicable to the use of our Gift Cards. You will need to familiarise yourself with the Terms and Conditions before you place an order.
“Card Number” means the 12-digit number that appears on the back of your Gift Card;
“Gift Card” means the Gift Card that you have purchased from us for use at participating Thredbo outlets or on our website;
“Remaining Card Value” means, at any time, that portion of the initial value loaded onto your Gift Card which is unspent and can be accessed by using the Gift Card in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
“we”, “us” or “our” means Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd (A.B.N. 95 000 139 015);
“you” or “your” means the person who is in possession of the Gift Card at the relevant time for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, or who authorises another person to do something with or to the Gift Card on their behalf.
Accepting the Gift Card and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions:
- By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Card, you:
- accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions; and
Transactions made using the Gift Card How and where you can use the Gift Card:
- Purchases with your Gift Card: Goods may be purchased from any of the following participating Thredbo outlets:
- Thredbo Food and Beverage:
- Eagles Nest Restaurant & Bull Wheel Bar
- Friday Flat Bistro
- Merritts Mountain House
- Kareela Hutte
- Cascades Restaurant
- Segreto Restaurant
- The Local Pub and Bistro
- Schuss Bar
- Lounge Bar
- Keller Bar
- Thredbo Online Shop
- Thredbo Sports & Guest Services:
- Valley Terminal
- Friday Flat
- Heads Up Valley Terminal
- Thredbo Food and Beverage:
When making an in-store purchase, the operator will request the Gift Card to be swiped in the pin pad. When making an online purchase, instructions will be provided on our website for the Gift card serial number to be entered to complete the purchase. The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on the Gift Card. No change will be given. Any Remaining Card Value can only be used in whole or part against future purchases subject to these Terms and Conditions and providing the Gift Card is not outside of the expiry.
- You acknowledge that the Gift Card may not be used:
- to pay a billing account;
- for purchases by email or phone.
- The Gift Cards that are purchased directly from thredbo.com.au are not available in digital format. Physical gift cards will be posted to your requested postal address.
- You agree that we will reduce the Remaining Card Value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are processed against the Gift Card.
- Your Gift Card may only be used to make purchases up to the Remaining Card Value. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the Remaining Card Value, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
- You cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Card or redeem your Gift Card for cash.
- Validity and expiry of Gift Cards:
- Your Gift Card is valid from 36 months from the date of issue.
- Your Gift Card will be valid for use up to the expiry date shown on the Gift Card. Any balance that remains on a Gift Card will not be available for use after the card’s expiry date.
- To check the expiry date of your Gift Card, call Thredbo Guest Services on 1300 020 589 (within Australia). You must convey the 12 digit Gift Card serial number to our call centre operator.
- Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards: The Gift Cards shall not be replaced by us unless the Gift Cards are proven to be faulty or damaged as a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of us, or our employees, agents or contractors.
- Destruction of Gift Card with no value: Once the Remaining Card Value is completely used, please destroy your card by cutting it in half diagonally. Your Gift Card cannot be reloaded.
Lost or stolen Gift Cards:
- Please treat your Gift Card like cash. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced or refunded.
- Can I exchange my Gift Card? You cannot exchange your Gift Card for a different brand, denomination or type of Gift Card or for another tender, cash or discount.
Your Gift Card, your responsibility:
You are responsible for the use and safety of your Gift Card. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us or by any of our employees.
Changes to Terms and Conditions:
- To the extent permitted by law, we reserve the right to change any of the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions at any time, including without limitation changes:
- to add or remove participating Thredbo outlets and/or where the Gift Card may be redeemed;
- to add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the Gift Card;
- for infrastructural, systems, administrative or operational reasons or to prevent the occurrence of fraud or other unlawful or unacceptable conduct;
- to comply with any contract, law, regulation or statute or order or judgment of any court, tribunal or other body having competent jurisdiction; or
- where we, acting reasonably, consider that it will not be to your detriment.
- If you are unsure and require help with our terms and conditions, please contact our Thredbo Guest Services on 1300 020 589 (within Australia).
Privacy and Confidentiality:
Errors and Complaints:
- Gift Cards: If you have reason to believe that an error has occurred in relation to your Gift Card, you should call Thredbo Guest Services on 1300 020 589 (within Australia).
To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct or consequential), nor be in default under these Terms and Conditions, for failure to observe or perform any of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions for any reason or cause which could not, with reasonable diligence, be controlled or prevented. These causes include acts of God, acts of nature, acts or omissions of government or their agencies, strikes or other industrial action, fire, flood, storm, riots, power shortages or failures, sudden and unexpected system failure or disruption by war or sabotage, and other acts or omissions of third parties.
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute arising from your receipt or use of a Gift Card is exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!