Your safety is Thredbo’s number one priority. It is our goal to have each day here at Thredbo a positive and safe experience for everyone on the mountain. Regardless of how you use the slopes, all skiers and snowboarders must show respect to others and be aware of the surrounding elements of risk, using common sense and courtesy to make everyone’s day a safe one.
Thredbo’s world class Ski Patrol consists of 23 professional patrollers and up to 80 volunteers. They patrol the mountain everyday making sure everyone is safe and attend to any issues on the mountain. Thanks to Thredbo Ski Patrol, you’re in the safest of hands.
Please take time to read the Alpine Responsibility Code below before you begin your day on the mountain.
- Know your ability and always stay in control and be able to stop and avoid other people or objects. It is your responsibility to stay in control on the ground and in the air.
- Take lessons from professional instructors to learn and progress.
- Use appropriate protective equipment to minimise the risk of injury.
- Before using any lift you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely and always use the restraining devices.
- Observe and obey all signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails or runs.
- Give way to people below and beside you on the hill. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- Do not stop where you are not clearly visible from above. Look uphill and give way to others when entering/exiting a trail or starting downhill.
- Always ensure your equipment is in good condition and use suitable restraining devices to avoid runaway skiing/boarding equipment.
- Do not ski, board, ride a lift or undertake any other alpine activity if your ability is impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- If you are involved in, or witness an accident or collision, alert Ski Patrol, remain at the scene and identify yourself to the Ski Patrol
- The resort does not have a dedicated, safe snow play, tobogganing, tubing or sledding area.
To maximise safety for guests, employees, and resort property, Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd prohibits the unauthorised operation or use of any Remotely Piloted Aircraft or any form of Aerial Drones within our leasehold area. This includes recreational users and unauthorised commercial users – prohibiting drone use unless approved by Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd.
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!