If you can walk, you can snowshoe. Walk into the big white yonder on this half day adventure with like-minded explorers and your guide pointing out interesting features and landmarks of the Australian Main Range. This is a great alternative to a day of downhilling or perfect for those after a soft adventure. Make sure you take your camera as the views are amazing.
What You Need to Know
Dates: Check the Online Shop for availability. All tours are conditions dependent.
Meeting Time & Location: 9:15am outside Valley Terminal at the large Thredbo maps
Duration: 3 Hours
Highlights: Amazing Scenery, Granite Tors & Terrain Variety
Equipment Included: Tubbs Snowshoes and collapsible poles included in tour
Requirements: Moderate to high level of fitness
Age: 15 Years+
Group Size: Minimum group size of 2 and maximum group size of 5
During this tour you will be travelling through the day and temperatures vary, so using a layering system is recommended. As this is a long walk in a remote location being prepared is essential including full wet weather gear. We recommend bringing:
- MyThredbo Card
- Enclosed weatherproof shoes, preferably boots with good socks (no ankle socks)
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- Layers to adjust throughout the day (thermals, mid layers, puffer layer)
- Gloves and beanie
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Minimum 2L of water per person
- Have a solid breakfast and bring snacks
- Personal medication (e.g. Ventolin)
- Backpack to carry everything
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!