Mt Buller Joins The Ikon Pass Global Community
Posted on 16 Apr, 2019
Mt Buller is joining Thredbo amongst the enviable list of the world’s best resorts in the Ikon Pass global community.
“We are thrilled to have another favourite Australian resort added to the Ikon Pass, this gives skiers and boarders the ability to shred Australia’s and the world’s best resorts” said Angus Thomson, Director of Marketing Thredbo. Mt Buller is one of Australia’s best-loved ski destinations offering lifted skiing to winter visitors since 1949. An easy three hour drive north-east from Melbourne Mt Buller attracts a cosmopolitan crowd to its picturesque 300 ha ski area and vibrant alpine village.
“Mt Buller is delighted to join the Ikon Pass for the 2019/20 season, we are in great company with such an impressive line-up of incredible mountain destinations. We look forward to introducing more people from around the globe to the pleasures of skiing and boarding through the snowgums, spotting wombats along the trail and the staying high in the snowline” said Laurie Blampied, General Manager, Mt Buller.
In celebration of Mt Buller’s inaugural Ikon Pass season, 2019/20 Ikon Pass holders will get bonus early access to Mt Buller for the 2019 season starting this June, along with regular access to the 2020 season. The Ikon Pass offers seven-day access to Mt Buller per season, with no blackout dates, while the Ikon Base Pass offers five-day access per season, also with no blackout dates.
The Ikon Pass is available now at early discounted rates starting at $649 USD at the Ikon Pass website through Tuesday, April 23. However, these early discounted rates will be extended through Monday, June 10 when purchased through selected regional travel partners.
Selected Regional Travel Partners Include: Blue Powder, Mint Tours, Mogul Ski World, Scout, SkiMax Holidays, Ski Travel Company, Sno n Ski/MySnow Travel, Snowcapped Travel, Travelplan in Australia, and AMPED, The Ski Travel Specialists, travel&co in New Zealand.
To provide additional value for families looking to ski and ride together, Ikon Pass holders can purchase up to two discounted Child Ikon Passes or Child Ikon Base Passes for children ages 5-12 with the purchase of an Adult Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass. The Child Pass Promotion has also been extended through Monday, June 10, when purchased through selected regional travel partners. New 19/20 Child Passes will also be valid at Mt Buller for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.
The Ikon Pass provides access to 39 iconic winter destinations across Australia, New Zealand, the Americas, and Japan. All 19/20 Ikon Pass holders can enjoy 7 day access to the 2020 Thredbo season with no blackout dates, and 5 day access to the 2020 Thredbo Season on the Ikon Base Pass, with selected blackout dates plus days all over the globe.
Ikon Pass offers two passes with varying level of access and benefits:
- Ikon Pass | $949 USD*
- Ikon Base Pass | $649 USD*
Ikon Pass Destinations by Location
- California: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort
- Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort
- Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
- Michigan: Boyne Highlands, Boyne Mountain
- Montana: Big Sky Resort
- New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
- Utah: Deer Valley Resort, AltaSnowbird, Solitude Mountain Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird, Brighton Resort
- Vermont: Stratton, Killington Resort, Sugarbush Resort
- West Virginia: Snowshoe
- Wyoming: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Alberta, Canada: SkiBig3
- Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
- Quebec, Canada: Tremblant
- British Columbia: Revelstoke Mountain Resort, CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures
- South America: Valle Nevado
- Japan: Niseko United
- New Zealand: Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt (2020 Winter Season)
- New South Wales, Australia: Thredbo (2020 Winter Season)
- Victoria, Australia: Mt Buller (2019/20 Winter Season)