Lessons & Programs
Thredbo has one of the best ski and snowboard schools in Australia and offers a variety of lessons and programs to suit all abilities. Ski and snowboard lessons from Thredbo’s outstanding team of instructors provide the best possible opportunity to learn or improve your skills, build confidence on the mountain and access lift line priority.
Development Squad Ski (6 to 17 Years) & Snowboard (7-17 years)
At this stage, we’re unable to offer the Development Squad program this winter season under our revised operating model. We will continue to monitor the situation and update the COVID page if this changes.
The Development Squad is an intensive program for children who want to focus on developing their skiing/riding skills at a competition level. The program aims to strengthen free skiing skills, enhance technical knowledge, fine-tune race techniques, and improve strength and confidence in all terrain and conditions. Most athletes in this program will be involved in competition events such as Interschools competitions. Athletes will train in a variety of disciplines such as alpine racing, skier cross/boarder cross, moguls, terrain park, big mountain and overall skill development.
There is a choice of four program lengths, depending on how many weeks you’d like to enrol over the school holidays. Each of these programs include weekly Sunday sessions and 3 x intensive weekend camps, with optional days available.
- 20 Day Program includes one school holiday week
- 25 Day Program includes choice of 2 consecutive school holiday weeks
- 30 Day Program includes 3 consecutive school holiday weeks
37 Day Intensive Program
This program is designed for those wanting to take their competition skiing and riding to the next level. Training includes:
- Weekly Saturday and Sunday sessions
- 2 x Monday sessions for State and National Interschools
- 3 consecutive school holiday weeks
There are strict requirements for enrolling in this program because it involves a greater level of commitment from athletes not only in the time allocated but in their overall fitness and focus on competition. Selection criteria:
- 8 years or above
- Strong advanced skier or rider who demonstrates a strong commitment towards competition
- One of their goals is to be selected for a pathway program such as Thredbo Mountain Academy or Thredbo Ski Racing Club
- All day coaching with up to 6 hours of on-snow time each training day
- Experienced coaches from around the globe
- Healthy lunch, snacks & beverages
- Training in all Interschools disciplines
- Night training may be scheduled throughout the school holiday period
- Alpine and freestyle camps under the watchful eye of some of the country’s best snow athletes
- State and National Interschools event support
- Goal setting
- Access to strength and conditioning training at our high altitude facility
- End of season BBQ and presentation
What you need to know
- Athletes must be a level 6 standard or above to participate in the program. Click here to find out what level are you.
- 37 Day program is by invitation or consultation only
- Additional Saturday and Interschools training days available to add on
- In the case of injury or other detailed occurrence program protection can be purchased for an additional $30
- Lift pass with Thredbo Leisure Centre access required.
For further information contact
Phone: 02 64594172
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!