Lessons & Programs
Thredbo has one of the best ski and snowboard schools in Australia and offers a variety of lesson and programs to suit all abilities. Ski and snowboard lessons from Thredbo’s outstanding team of instructors provide the best possible opportunity to learn or improve your skills, build confidence on the mountain and access lift line priority.
- Little Rippers (3-6 Years)
- Shred Crew (7 to 17 Years)
- Development Squad – School Holidays Only
- Development Squad – (7 to 17 Years) Full Time/Season Long
- Mountain Academy – Moguls Skiing (10-17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Multi Discipline Skiing (12 – 17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Boarder Cross Team (12 – 17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Slopestyle Skiing (12-17 years)
- Mountain Academy – Slopestyle Snowboarding (12-17 years)
Development Squad Ski (6 to 17 Years) & Snowboard (7-17 years)
The Development Squad is an intensive high-end program for children who want to focus on mastering their skiing/riding skills at a competition level. The program aims to strengthen free skiing/riding skills, enhance technical knowledge, fine-tune race techniques, and improve strength and confidence in all terrain and conditions. The program provides a fun, social environment where participants will learn to work harder to improve and achieve their goals. Athletes in this program will be involved in competition events such as Interschool competitions. Athletes will train in a variety of disciplines such as alpine racing, skier/boarder cross, moguls, Terrain Park, big mountain and overall skill development. The program is perfect for those wanting to increase skills for a variety of disciplines and plan on competing in the Interschools competition.
The Development Squad also offers a school holiday only Freestyle program for athletes aged 10 years and above who would like to focus on developing skills for mogul and air competition. Athletes who participate in this program will have a passion for mogul skiing and aerials. This program caters for those unable to meet the time commitments to participate in a pathway program such as Thredbo Mountain Academy.
- All day coaching with up to 6 hours of on-snow time each training day
- Experienced coaches from around the globe
- Healthy Lunch, snacks & beverages
- Training in all interschool disciplines * excluding Freestyle program
- Development of well-rounded skiers/riders
- Program event to support competition
- Goal setting
- Access to strength and conditioning training at our high altitude facility
In the case of injury or other detailed occurrence program protection can be purchased for an additional $30
What you need to know
Athletes must be a level 6 standard or above to participate in the program. What level am I?
Program runs 2 July- 22 July
Choice to include 2, or 3 consecutive school holiday weeks
SCHOOL HOLIDAY BLOCKS
WEEK 1 – 2 July – 8 July
WEEK 2 – 9 July – 15 July
WEEK 3 – 16 July – 22 July
Saturday is the scheduled day off during school holiday weeks
- Valid 2018 lift or season pass with leisure centre access is required for the Development Squad. Click here to purchase season pass.
- Minimum of two consecutive weeks for school holiday only athletes
- Additional Saturdays and Interschools training available to add on to existing programs – see calendar
- Does not include lift pass
- 2018 Development Squad Calendar
If this program does not meet your requirements please take a look at our Interschool race camps.
For further information contact
Phone: 02 64594172