Lessons & Programs
Thredbo has one of the best ski and snowboard schools in Australia and offers a variety of lessons and programs to suit all abilities. Ski and snowboard lessons from Thredbo’s outstanding team of instructors provide the best possible opportunity to learn or improve your skills, build confidence on the mountain and access lift line priority.
Development Squad Ski (6 to 17 Years) & Snowboard (7-17 years) – School Holidays Only
The Development Squad is an intensive high-end program for children who want to focus on mastering their skiing/riding skills at a competition level. The program aims to strengthen free skiing/riding skills, enhance technical knowledge, fine-tune race techniques, and improve strength and confidence in all terrain and conditions. The program provides a fun, social environment where participants will learn to work harder to improve and achieve their goals. Athletes in this program will be involved in competition events such as Interschool competitions. Athletes will train in a variety of disciplines such as alpine racing, skier/boarder cross, moguls, Terrain Park, big mountain and overall skill development. The program is perfect for those wanting to increase skills for a variety of disciplines. The school holiday program is for those wishing to commit to a minimum of 2 consecutive weeks. Those wishing to train on all or some weekends are encouraged to look at the full time program.
- All day coaching with up to 6 hours of on-snow time each training day
- Experienced coaches from around the globe – meet our Seasonal Program coaches
- Healthy Lunch, snacks & beverages
- Training in all interschool disciplines * excluding Freestyle program
- Development of well-rounded skiers/riders
- Program event to support competition
- Night training may be scheduled throughout the school holiday period
- Goal setting
- Access to strength and conditioning training at our high altitude facility
In the case of injury or other detailed occurrence program protection can be purchased for an additional $30
What you need to know
Athletes must be a level 6 standard or above to participate in the program. What level am I?
Program runs 1 July- 21 July
Choice to include 2, or 3 consecutive school holiday weeks
SCHOOL HOLIDAY BLOCKS
WEEK 1 – 1 July – 7 July
WEEK 2 – 8 July – 14 July
WEEK 3 – 15 July – 21 July
Saturday is the scheduled day off during school holiday weeks
- Valid 2019 lift or season pass with leisure centre access is required for the Development Squad. Click here to purchase season pass.
- Minimum of two consecutive weeks for school holiday only athletes
- Additional Saturdays and Interschools training available to add on to existing programs – see calendar
- 2019 Winter Seasonal Programs Calendar
- Does not include lift pass
- 2019 Development Squad Calendar coming soon
If this program does not meet your requirements please take a look at our Interschool race camps.
For further information contact
Phone: 02 64594172