Lessons & Programs
Thredbo has one of the best ski and snowboard schools in Australia and offers a variety of lessons and programs to suit all abilities. Ski and snowboard lessons from Thredbo’s outstanding team of instructors provide the best possible opportunity to learn or improve your skills, build confidence on the mountain and access lift line priority.
Development Squad Ski & Snowboard (7-17 years) – School Holidays Only
At this stage, we’re unable to offer the Development Squad program this winter season under our revised operating model. We will continue to monitor the situation and update the COVID page if this changes.
The Development Squad is an intensive program for children who want to focus on developing their skiing/riding skills at a competition level. The program aims to strengthen free skiing skills, enhance technical knowledge, fine-tune race techniques, and improve strength and confidence in all terrain and conditions. Most athletes in this program will be involved in competition events such as Interschools competitions. Athletes will train in a variety of disciplines such as alpine racing, skier cross/boarder cross, moguls, terrain park, big mountain and overall skill development.
The School Holiday Program is for those wishing to commit to a minimum of 2 consecutive weeks. If you’re interested in training on all or some weekends, we recommend looking at the Full Time Development Squad Program.
There is a choice of two program lengths, depending on how many weeks you’d like to enrol over the school holidays. Each of these programs include 6-day training weeks (Saturday off), with the option to book additional days outside of school holidays
- 12 Day School Holiday Program includes 2 x 6 day schedule
- Book weeks 1 & 2 OR weeks 2 & 3 (weeks must be consecutive)
- 18 Day School Holiday Program includes 3 x 6 day schedule
- All day coaching with up to 6 hours of on-snow time each training day
- Experienced coaches from around the globe
- Healthy lunch, snacks & beverages
- Training in all Interschools disciplines
- Night training may be scheduled throughout the school holiday period
- State and National Interschools event support may be available
- Goal setting
- Access to strength and conditioning training at our high altitude facility
What you need to know
- Athletes must be a level 6 standard or above to participate in the program. Click here to find out what level are you.
- Program runs during the 3 weeks of NSW school holidays only
- In the case of injury or other detailed occurrence program protection can be purchased for an additional $30
- Lift pass with Thredbo Leisure Centre access required.
If this program does not meet your requirements, please take a look at our Interschools Race Camps.
For further information contact
Phone: 02 64594172
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!