Fastest Skill Progression with a Dedicated Instructor
Private Lessons are a customised experience for skiers and snowboarders who want to work on their style, skill level and confidence with the best instructors in Australia. You will progress quickly with individual attention, lift line priority and ultimate flexibility.
One instructor can be booked for up to 4 people of the same discipline and similar ability.
Priority for Online Bookings
We recommend securing your preferred dates by booking your private lesson online. During checkout you have the option to make a special request for your preferred instructor or tell us more about your progression goals. When allocating instructors we will prioritise special requests from online bookings first.
Lift Pass is required. Some peak season dates including school holidays may sell out. We highly recommend booking your lesson and lift pass at the same time to avoid disappointment.
Add Flexibility Insurance at checkout ($10) to make changes to your booking up to 4:30pm, 2 days prior to the private lesson start date. Full Terms & Conditions
- Individual attention
- Building confidence and skills
- The highest experienced and certified professional instructors
- Lift line priority during lesson
- Excelling at your own at pace
- Meeting Time: 15 minutes before lesson start time
- Meeting Location: Friday Flat clock tower. View Map
- Duration: 3 or 6 Hours
- Before The Lesson:
- Buy your lift pass and rental gear
- Collect your MyThredbo Card from our new contactless 24/7 MyThredbo Card Kiosks located at Friday Flat and Valley Terminal in Thredbo.
- Booked rental equipment? Pick up your gear right next to your lesson at Thredbo Rental Friday Flat for the ultimate convenience, location and range. To avoid queues, pick up your gear from 3pm the afternoon before your rental begins.
- Weekends and Peak Periods: If you plan to pick up your MyThredbo Card or rental before your lesson, please leave sufficient time to do so. Please note, during peak holiday and weekend periods in-resort wait times may be lengthy (up to 45 minutes).
- Lunch: For 6 hour lessons, your instructor will take a 30 minute lunch break. If you would like the instructor to have lunch with you during their break time, this is included in the lesson duration.
- Private Lessons for groups up to 4 people:
- We do not recommend that adults take lessons with young children. The instructor will be focused on the youngest child for the majority of the lesson and in our experience, we find the adult does not receive the required level of tuition.
- Skiers and snowboarders can’t be in the same lesson as the teaching method is different for the two different sports.
To pair you with the best instructor please specify your level when you book.
- Beginner: Level 1 to 3 from your first time on the snow through to focusing on snowplough stopping and turns on green runs.
- Intermediate: Level 4 to 6 working on parallel turns and exploring blue terrain.
- Advanced: Level 7 to 8 comfortably skiing on all terrain and learning about dynamic skiing.
- Beginner: Level 1 to 3 focus on linking heelside and toeside turns on green runs.
- Intermediate: Level 4 to 6 mastering your turns and exploring steeper blue terrain.
- Advanced: Level 7 to 8 comfortable of black runs and learning freestyle and technical riding.
|2022 Private Lessons||Price for up to 4 People|
|3 Hour at 9:30am||$545|
|3 Hour at 1pm||$505|
|6 Hour at 9:30am||$929|
|7 Hour at 8:30am||$1,039|
|It’s All About Me (1 Hour for one toddler 2-4 years)||$115|
|Prices may be changed at any time at our discretion.|
Which Lesson Is Right For Me?
Guest Services is available if you need advice on which lesson is right for you.
Phone: 1300 020 589
In resort: Thredbo Guest Services (Valley Terminal or Friday Flat)
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!