Contract for Snow Sports Lessons
In addition to the conditions of Lift and Mountain Access, participants in Snow Sports Lesson programs are bound to the below conditions:
The activities involve a significant risk of physical harm or personal injury including permanent disability and/ or death to participants. Any such injury may result not only from the participant’s actions but also from the action, omission or negligence of others. “Activities” means the preparation for, participation in and instruction in recreational alpine activities including but not limited to: alpine, nordic and freestyle skiing, snowboarding, riding on chairlifts, t-bars and other lift devices (rope tows, magic carpets etc).
- Entitles the participant to access Thredbo Snow Sports School lessons for the duration of the period specified to you or selected by you on purchase of the Sports Lesson access;
- Remains the property of Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd (‘KT’) at all times and must not be resold, transferred or altered in any way – and a breach of this condition will result in the confiscation of the pass;
- Will not be refunded if any facilities are not operating for any reason or if any portion of the lesson or program is unused;
- Will not be refunded or transferred for failure to arrive at the selected lesson start time prior to lesson departure;
- Expired and unused lessons are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another date, person or season;
- No cancellation can be made on private lessons within 24 hours of the selected lesson start time;
- Does not entitle you to provide or receive ski or snowboard instruction except where provided by KT, its employees or agents;
- May be cancelled at any time KT considers appropriate to protect its staff, customers, property and equipment, or if KT considers that the participant’s actions or behaviour are disrupting or negatively impacting the Thredbo Snow Sports Lessons. Where you are the parent or guardian of a child participant you must collect your child within 15 minutes of notification of cancellation; and
- The participant must have valid lift access assigned for the duration of the lesson or program.
MEDICAL RELEASE FROM PARENTS AND GUARDIANS OF CHILD PARTICIPANTS
- I authorise KT and its employees and agents to arrange for medical attention of my child or to transfer my Child to the Thredbo Medical Centre or to a hospital if, in the opinion of that person, medical attention is needed or is likely to be needed for my Child. I am aware that the practice of medicine in a surgery is not an exact science and I acknowledge that no guarantees have been made to me as to the result of treatment or examination at the Thredbo Medical Centre.
- I agree that on transporting my Child to any hospital or medical facility KT shall have no further responsibility, for, or in respect of, my Child.
- I agree to pay all costs associated with such medical care or attention and for related transportation for my Child and I agree to indemnify and to keep indemnified KT for and in respect of any such costs incurred.
- I further authorise KT and its employees and agents to render any necessary or emergency medical care or attention to My Child if considered necessary by a medical practitioner employed at the Thredbo Medical Centre.
I hereby unconditionally consent and authorise KT to use any and all audio, audio visual, and/or photographic recording of me / my Child relating to Snow Sports Lesson programs (unless otherwise specified by the parent/guardian).
KT collects the personal information requested on this form to enable the efficient provision of the goods and/or services that are requested or required by its customers and to facilitate the administrative functions associated with the provision of the goods and/or services. It is possible for you to gain access to this personal information held by KT by writing to the Privacy Officer, Kosciuszko Thredbo Pty Ltd, PO Box 80, Thredbo Village NSW 2625.
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!