Intro to MTB Clinic
Learn 2 Ride
Intro to MTB is a first timer mountain bike clinic tailored for riders who are new to the mountain biking world. If you are looking to get a taste of mountain biking and the very basic skills required, this is the clinic for you. If you are comfortable riding a bike on pavement, we will have you enjoying our beginner XC trails on the valley floor in no time.
Our certified instructors will teach you the basics in a controlled and safe learning area, giving you time to get to know your bike and its functions including gear selection and brake control.
- Class size: Max 8
- Location: Skills Parks & Cross Country Trails. Lift pass is not required.
- Meeting Time: 9:50am for a 10am start
- Meeting Location: MTB School flags at the Beginner Skills Park. View Map
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Before The Lesson: Meet and greet with your instructor. You will be allocated to a group based on your ability level and age (5-9 years or 10+ years)
- Pick Up: Children can be picked up at midday at the meeting location
- Weekends and Peak Periods: If you plan to pick up your MyThredbo Card or bike rental before your lesson, please leave sufficient time to do so. Please note, during peak holiday and weekend periods in-resort wait times may be lengthy (up to 45 minutes)
- Comfortable riding clothes including MTB riding shorts or pants
- Hardtail XC mountain bike or similar
- Protective equipment is recommended – knee pads, elbow guards, gloves, goggles and sturdy closed toe shoes
- Small backpack or hydration pack with extra layers and wet weather gear
Check out some of the beginner trails on the valley floor we’ll be exploring during the Intro to MTB Clinic…
Beginner Skills Park
The beginner skills park located at the Valley Terminal base is a great place to warm up before a days riding. Featuring small rock gardens, berms and rollers, the skills park is perfect to practice your skills at including cornering, braking and body position.
With only a slight undulation you loop around the southern end of the village along the Thredbo River. Keep pedalling onto the Friday Flat Loop, Bridle Loop or Thredbo Valley Track or simply follow the track behind the big carpark, onto Friday Drive back to the village.
Friday Flat Loop
Starting at the Thredbo Valley Track trailhead, riders cross undulating terrain, across bridges, through gum trees before a winding climb. This links the Thredbo Valley Track and Bridle Loop to the trail network.
Explore All MTB Clinic Levels
Private MTB Clinic
Riding with friends and family?
Hire an instructor clinic for a group of up to 3 riders.
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!
Thredbo sits on the traditional land of the Monero – Ngarigo people who have looked after this land, water and community for over 70,000 years. We thank them for all they have done and continue to do to look after their country, a special place which we all love and respect.