MTB Essentials Clinic
Low Intermediate Gravity
The MTB Essentials clinic is perfect for those looking to improve their technique and build confidence on intermediate trails.
The clinic covers the necessary skills to ride intermediate gravity trails safely including practising pressure control, heavy braking, dialling in cornering and maintaining momentum on features including small roots, rocks and rollers.
Participants should be confident on beginner (green) trails before undertaking this clinic.
- Class size: Max 4
- Location: Low intermediate (blue) gravity trails in the MTB Park
- Meeting Time: 9:50am for a 10am start
- Meeting Location: MTB School flags at the base of the Kosciuszko Express Chairlift. View Map
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Before The Lesson: Meet and greet with your instructor. You will be allocated to a group based on your ability level and age (7-13 years or 14+ years)
- Pick Up: Children can be picked up at midday at the meeting location
- Weekends and Peak Periods: If you plan to pick up your MyThredbo Card or bike rental before your lesson, please leave sufficient time to do so. Please note, during peak holiday and weekend periods in-resort wait times may be lengthy (up to 45 minutes)
- Your MyThredbo card which gives you MTB lift access
- Comfortable riding clothes including MTB riding shorts or pants
- Dual suspension mountain bike (Enduro or All-Mountain) with disc brakes is highly recommended. However a mountain bike with front suspension and two functional brakes with handle bar levels (no back pedal brakes) is the minimum requirement
- Protective equipment – Helmet (full-face highly recommended), knee pads, elbow guards, gloves, goggles and sturdy closed toe shoes
- Small backpack or hydration pack with extra layers and wet weather gear
Check out some of the low intermediate gravity trails we’ll be hitting during the MTB Essentials Clinic…
‘Sidewinder’ is a brand new gravity flow trail descending from the top of the Merritts Gondola and wraps around the side of the mountain through some incredible terrain everyone can enjoy. Graded as a beginner tail, ‘Sidewinder’ will take riders on a roller coaster like experience with little pedalling and braking required. The trail features deep flowing berms, rolling terrain and some small features to test your skills on. ‘Sidewinder’ will provide mountains of fun for all abilities.
Perfect for those looking for an introduction into downhill riding or a warm up for the Cannonball. Starting at the top of the Kosciuszko Express Chairlift, riders roll through single-track with never ending rollers and smooth berms to keep the flow going, it is a blast top to bottom. The steady gradient gives riders a more mellow ride, but still providing the adrenaline rush of downhilling.
Winding its way through awesome terrain on each side of the High Noon steeps, this trail flaunts effortless flowing berms and cruisy traverses. The more advanced will spot the odd gap or two making it loads of fun for all. Ricochet is accessible from Centre Link via the Gunbarrel Chairlift or the Upper Thredbo All Mountain Trail. The trail offers a progression into more advanced flow gravity riding.
Explore All MTB Clinic Levels
Private MTB Clinic
Riding with friends and family?
For better value, book a private clinic for a group of up to 3 (with similar MTB ability) for $73 per person.
Level: Beginner Gravity
Schedule: Daily at 10am
Ages: 7+ Years
Level: High Intermediate Gravity
Schedule: Daily at 1.30pm
Ages: 7+ Years
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!