High Intermediate Gravity
The MTB Progression clinic is for riders looking to advance their skills on intermediate trails and features.
The clinic focuses on advanced cornering techniques, introducing line choice, increasing speed through rough terrain and developing jump and drop techniques.
Participants should be confident on intermediate trails and able to maintain momentum through rough terrain.
- Class size: Max 4
- Location: High intermediate (blue) gravity trails in the MTB Park
- Meeting Time: 1:20pm for a 1:30pm start
- Meeting Location: MTB School flags at the Beginner Skills Park. View Map
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Before The Lesson: Meet and greet with your instructor. You will be allocated to a group based on your ability level and age (7-13 years or 14+ years)
- Pick Up: Children can be picked up at 3:30pm at the meeting location
- Weekends and Peak Periods: If you plan to pick up your MyThredbo Card or bike rental before your lesson, please leave sufficient time to do so. Please note, during peak holiday and weekend periods in-resort wait times may be lengthy (up to 45 minutes)
- Your MyThredbo card which gives you MTB lift access
- Comfortable riding clothes including MTB riding shorts or pants
- A dual suspension mountain bike (Enduro or All-Mountain) with disc brakes is highly recommended. However a mountain bike with front suspension and two functional brakes with handle bar levels (no back pedal brakes) is the minimum requirement
- Protective equipment – Helmet (full-face highly recommended), knee pads, elbow guards, gloves, goggles and sturdy closed toe shoes
- Small backpack or hydration pack with extra layers and wet weather gear
Check out some of the intermediate gravity trails we’ll be hitting during the MTB Progression Clinic…
Winding its way through awesome terrain on each side of the High Noon steeps, this trail flaunts effortless flowing berms and cruisy traverses. The more advanced will spot the odd gap or two making it loads of fun for all. Ricochet is accessible from Centre Link via the Gunbarrel Chairlift or the Upper Thredbo All Mountain Trail. The trail offers a progression into more advanced flow gravity riding.
Starting at 1930m above sea level, riders are taken over 10km down through the impressive mountain landscape with uninterrupted views of the Thredbo Valley. Although not as steep as the Flow Trail, it offers intermediate and advanced riders plenty of variety and line choice. Once at the Creek Station, riders can climb back to the Kosciuszko Express, take the easy cruise via Friday Drive or continue along the Thredbo Valley Track.
Perfect for those looking for an introduction into downhill riding or a warm up for the Cannonball. Starting at the top of the Kosciuszko Express Chairlift, riders roll through single-track with never ending rollers and smooth berms to keep the flow going, it is a blast top to bottom. The steady gradient gives riders a more mellow ride, but still providing the adrenaline rush of downhilling.
Explore All MTB Clinic Levels
Private MTB Clinic
Riding with friends and family?
Hire an instructor clinic for a group of up to 3 riders.
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!
Thredbo sits on the traditional land of the Monero – Ngarigo people who have looked after this land, water and community for over 70,000 years. We thank them for all they have done and continue to do to look after their country, a special place which we all love and respect.