Lessons & Programs
Thredbo has one of the best ski and snowboard schools in Australia and offers a variety of lessons and programs to suit all abilities. Ski and snowboard lessons from Thredbo’s outstanding team of instructors provide the best possible opportunity to learn or improve your skills, build confidence on the mountain and access lift line priority.
Freeriders Program (7-12 Years)
At this stage, we’re unable to offer Group Lessons this winter season under our revised operating model. We will continue to monitor the situation and update the COVID page if this changes.
Freeriders is a full day program teaching kids to ski or snowboard in a fun, safe and progressive environment. Your kids will have fun exploring the mountain with an expert instructor and a group of similar age and ability level.
- Over 5 hours of snow time
- Fun learning environment with kids that are similar in age and ability
- A lesson passport
- Park safety and progression sessions
- Fun themes and adventures
- Warm lunch, snacks and beverages
- Kids only Thursday night time flare run
What You Need to Know
- Available for skiers and snowboarders aged 7-12 years
- All ability levels, from first timer to advanced
- Option to bundle lift pass and rental with the full day program
- Safety: Helmets are highly recommended for all kids participating in lessons
- Lesson times: 9am – 4pm
- Meeting Place: 9am at Friday Flat. The Freeriders meeting area located near the base of the Gunbarrel chairlift.
- Pick up: 3:45pm-4:00pm at the coloured flags on Friday Flat
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!