Freeriders Ski & Snowboard Program
7 – 14 Years
This full day program is for kids and teens looking to take their skiing or riding to the next level with groms of a similar age and ability. Kids will explore the mountain with an experienced instructor and make new friends over lunch and fun activities.
Lift Pass is required. Some peak season dates including school holidays may sell out. We highly recommend booking your lesson and lift pass at the same time to avoid disappointment.
- Up to 5.5 hours on snow
- Fun learning environment with kids that are of a similar age and ability
- Park safety and progression sessions
- Fun themes and adventures
- A warm lunch, snacks and beverages provided
- Lift line priority
- Consecutive day lesson access valid from the selected start date
- Certified professional instructors
- 5 hours snow time
- Lesson Time: 9:30am – 3:45pm
- Drop Off Time & Location: Freeriders meeting area directly behind the Gunbarrel Chairlift at Friday Flat up to 15-30 minutes before lesson start time. Look for the pink flag… View Map
- Pick Up Time: 3:45pm
- Lunch included
- Thredbo Resort provides water stations in various outlets on the mountain. The Friday Flat beginner area will have water available for children in lessons with single use cups.
- Before The Lesson:
- Lift access not included and must be secured prior to purchasing lessons.
- Collect the MyThredbo Card from our new contactless 24/7 MyThredbo Card Kiosks located at Friday Flat and Valley Terminal in Thredbo.
- Booked rental equipment? Thredbo Rental Friday Flat is located right under the Thredboland building for the ultimate convivence and range. To avoid queues, pick up the gear from 3pm the afternoon before.
- Find your child’s level here to ensure they are placed in the right lesson.
- Weekends and Peak Periods: If you plan to pick up the MyThredbo Card or rental before the lesson, please leave sufficient time to do so. Please note, during peak holiday and weekend periods in-resort wait times may be lengthy (up to 45 minutes).
- Skis or Snowboard
- MyThredbo Card with lift pass loaded – Double check your child has their MyThredbo Card in a pocket as high as possible on the left side of their jacket for ease of lift access.
- Helmets are strongly recommended
- Waterproof, insulated jacket and pants
- Layers underneath
- Ski or Snowboard socks
- Gloves/mittens and goggles
- Neck warmer (doubles as a face covering)
- It would be ideal for children to pack a small snack in their pocket for the lesson. All snacks are the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Your child should arrive dressed wearing their boots and ready to go.
Please note ski poles are generally not required for children learning to ski and are introduced at an intermediate level.
If you’re missing an item, Thredbo Retail and Rental is your one stop shop for all your snow gear.
Explore Our Kids Lessons & Programs
Duration: 3, 6 & 7 hours
Ages: 4+ Years
Level: Beginner to Advanced
Kids First Timer Lesson
Duration: 3 Hours
Ages: 7-14 Years
Level: First day on the snow
Kids Group Lesson
Duration: 3 hours
Ages: 7 -14 Years
Level: Beginner to Advanced
5 Day Adventure Camp
Ski Camps: 27 June – 2 September, 5-12 Years
Snowboard Camps: 27 June – 15 July, 5-12 Years
Schedule: 9:30am Daily – All Day
Ages: 3 – 6 Years
Which Lesson Is Right For Me?
Guest Services is available if you need advice on which lesson is right for you and your family.
In resort: Thredbo Guest Services (Valley Terminal or Friday Flat)
At Thredbo we follow industry best practices when working with children. Child Safety Policy
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!