‘It’s All About Me’ Private Lesson
For the real little snow goers who may not be ready for a long lesson or just want to give skiing or snowboarding a try we recommend this one hour, one-on-one session. We pair your child with a specialised instructor with dedicated 100% attention.
Priority for Online Bookings
We recommend securing your preferred dates by booking your private lesson online. During checkout you have the option to make a special request for your preferred instructor or tell us more about your child. When allocating instructors we will prioritise special requests from online bookings first.
Lift Pass is required. Some peak season dates including school holidays may sell out. We highly recommend booking your lesson and lift pass at the same time to avoid disappointment.
Add Flexibility Insurance at checkout ($10) to make changes to your booking up to 4:30pm, 2 days prior to the private lesson start date. Full Terms & Conditions
- Individual attention
- Building confidence and skills
- Experienced and certified professional instructors
- Lift line priority during lesson
- Meeting Time: 15 minutes before lesson start time
- Meeting Location: Thredboland at Friday Flat. View Map
- Duration: 1 Hour at 11:30am or 12:30pm
- Before The Lesson:
- Buy your lift pass and rental gear
- Collect your MyThredbo Card from our new contactless 24/7 MyThredbo Card Kiosks located at Friday Flat and Valley Terminal in Thredbo.
- Booked rental equipment? Pick up your gear right next to your lesson at Thredbo Rental Friday Flat for the ultimate convenience, location and range. To avoid queues, pick up your gear from 3pm the afternoon before your rental begins.
- Find your child’s level here to ensure they are placed in the right lesson.
- Weekends and Peak Periods: If you plan to pick up your MyThredbo Card or rental before your lesson, please leave sufficient time to do so. Please note, during peak holiday and weekend periods in-resort wait times may be lengthy (up to 45 minutes).
- Skis or Snowboard with boots
- MyThredbo Card with lift pass loaded – Double check your child has their MyThredbo Card in a pocket as high as possible on the left side of their jacket for ease of lift access.
- Helmets are strongly recommended
- Waterproof, insulated jacket and pants
- Layers underneath
- Ski socks
- Gloves/mittens and goggles
- Neck warmer (doubles as a face covering)
- It would be ideal for children to pack a small snack in their pocket for the lesson. All snacks are the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Your child should arrive dressed wearing their boots and ready to ride.
Please note ski poles are generally not required for children learning to ski and are introduced at an intermediate level.
If you’re missing an item, Thredbo Retail and Rental is your one stop shop for all your snow gear.
Explore Our Kids Lessons & Programs
Schedule: 9:30am Daily – All Day
Ages: 3 – 6 Years
Schedule: 9am Daily – All Day
Ages: 5-6 Years
5 Day Adventure Camp
Ski Camps: 27 June – 2 September, 5-12 Years
Snowboard Camps: 27 June – 15 July, 5-12 Years
Which Lesson Is Right For Me?
Guest Services is available if you need advice on which lesson is right for you.
Phone: 1300 020 589
In resort: Thredbo Guest Services (Valley Terminal or Friday Flat)
At Thredbo we follow industry best practices when working with children. Child Safety Policy
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!