Thredboland Ski Program
3 – 6 Years
Thredboland is one of Australia’s best junior ski programs and is designed to teach young kids how to ski in a fun, safe and progressive environment with our team of specially trained expert instructors. This full day program includes lunch, snacks and refreshments.
Lift Pass is required. Some peak season dates including school holidays may sell out. We highly recommend booking your lesson and lift pass at the same time to avoid disappointment.
- Small group sizes
- A fun learning environment with kids that are of similar age and ability
- Exclusive access to Friday Flat Freddy transport
- Certified professional instructors
- Lift line priority during lesson
- Dedicated Thredboland area with a gentle slope
- Up tp 5 hours of snow time
- 5 hours snow time
- Lesson Time: 9:30am – 3:30pm
- Drop Off Time & Location: From 8:30am-9:15am inside Thredboland building at Friday Flat. View Map
- The day begins indoors with various fun ski activities before heading outside to develop on-snow skills.
- Pick Up Time: Between 3:30pm – 4pm
- Children must be toilet trained and arrive with their ski equipment
- A warm lunch, snacks and beverages provided
- Thredbo Resort provides water stations in various outlets on the mountain. The Friday Flat beginner area will have water available for children in lessons with single use cups.
- Before The Lesson:
- Lift access not included and must be secured prior to purchasing lessons.
- Collect the MyThredbo Card from our new contactless 24/7 MyThredbo Card Kiosks located at Friday Flat and Valley Terminal in Thredbo.
- Booked rental equipment? Thredbo Rental Friday Flat is located right under the Thredboland building for the ultimate convivence and range. To avoid queues, pick up the gear from 3pm the afternoon before.
- Find your child’s level here to ensure they are placed in the right lesson.
- Weekends and Peak Periods: If you plan to pick up the MyThredbo Card or rental before the lesson, please leave sufficient time to do so. Please note, during peak holiday and weekend periods in-resort wait times may be lengthy (up to 45 minutes).
- MyThredbo Card with lift pass loaded – Double check your child has their MyThredbo Card in a pocket as high as possible on the left side of their jacket for ease of lift access.
- Helmets are strongly recommended
- Waterproof, insulated jacket and pants
- Layers underneath
- Ski socks
- Gloves/mittens and goggles
- Neck warmer (doubles as a face covering)
- It would be ideal for children to pack a small snack in their pocket for the lesson. All snacks are the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Your child should arrive dressed wearing their boots and ready to ski.
Please note ski poles are generally not required for children learning to ski and are introduced at an intermediate level.
If you’re missing an item, Thredbo Retail and Rental is your one stop shop for all your snow gear.
Explore Our Kids Lessons & Programs
Duration: 3, 6 & 7 hours
Ages: 5+ Years
Level: Beginner to Advanced
Schedule: 9am Daily – All Day
Ages: 5-6 Years
Schedule: 9:30am Daily – All Day
Ages: 7-14 Years
Discipline: Ski & Snowboard
Kids Group Lesson
Duration: 3 hours
Ages: 7 -14 Years
Level: Beginner to Advanced
5 Day Adventure Camp
Ski Camps: 27 June – 2 September, 5-12 Years
Snowboard Camps: 27 June – 15 July, 5-12 Years
Plan Your Winter Trip
Which Lesson Is Right For Me?
Guest Services is available if you need advice on which lesson is right for you and your family.
In resort: Thredbo Guest Services (Valley Terminal or Friday Flat)
At Thredbo we follow industry best practices when working with children. Child Safety Policy
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!