Child Max5 Lessons (7 - 14 years)
Small Group Sizes | Max Fun!
With small group sizes, your kids can enjoy more time skiing/riding at the best value. Our expert instructors are dedicated to improving skill level while showing the mini shredders a great time on the mountain.
This winter season, there is a daily limit on how many guests are on the mountain, it is a requirement that all guests have a valid lift pass to attend a lesson. If you have not done so already please purchase your lift pass first, before attempting to book your lessons. Buy Passes
$99 for a 3-hour lesson | Daily at 1.00pm
Whether your child is a beginner or looking to improve, after a 3-hour class you’ll see improvement in their confidence and riding!
- Small class sizes
- Gain confidence and progress
- Learn comfortably at a relaxed pace in a fun social environment with kids of a similar age
- Adventure while exploring Thredbo’s varied terrain
- Lift line priority during lesson
- Best children’s instructors in Australia
What You Need To Know
- Lesson Time: 1.00pm – 4.00pm daily
- Classes meet 15 minutes prior indicated start time
- Ability Level: Recommended for beginner to intermediate skiers and snowboarders (Levels 1 – 5) – Know Your Level
- Class Size: maximum 5 students
- Operating with social distancing and following the Government’s latest COVID-19 advice.
- Meeting Point: At 12.45pm, bring your child to meet their instructor at the Children’s Lesson Meeting Area on Friday Flat
- Look for the penned area in front of Thredboland – see Friday Flat Map
- Pick Up: At 3.45pm, please return to the meeting point to collect your child
- Ages 7 – 14 years
- Age calculated at product start date
Check Out Our Other Lessons
Child Private Lessons are a great alternative if:
- Your child is 6 years or under
- Your child is already tackling black runs and is Level 6 ability level and above
- Your children are of the same level and you prefer them to learn together
- You’d like to request a specific instructor or would like the lesson customised to a specific skill
Teens aged 15 years or over can book in for Adult Max5 Lessons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Water resistant and insulated pants and jacket, layers underneath, ski/snowboard socks, a helmet, gloves/mittens, goggles and ski/snowboard boots.
It would be ideal for children to pack a small snack in their pocket for the lesson. All snacks are the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
Your child should arrive dressed wearing their boots and ready to ski or snowboard.
Please note ski poles are generally not required for children learning to ski and are introduced at an intermediate level.
Thredbo Resort offers public toilet facilities in various parts of the mountain and our instructors will manage and supervise where appropriate. Thredbo Snow Sports will have additional child care staff available on Friday Flat to assist younger children with toileting and unplanned clothing changes.
Thredbo Resort provides water stations in various outlets on the mountain. The Friday Flat beginner area will have water available for children in lessons with single use cups.
Our winter 2020 revised operating model (including the introduction of Max5 lessons) has been developed to maintain social distancing and follow the Government’s latest COVID-19 advice.
We do not believe that children 6 years and younger are able to maintain social distancing independently at all times. We recommend checking out our Child Private Lessons for your younger children.
All Max5 lessons are grouped according to ability levels. This may require some siblings/friends to be separated for their lessons. If you would like to guarantee that members of your group stay together we recommend booking a Child Private Lesson.
No, if you would like to request a particular instructor, we recommend booking a Child Private Lesson.
We recommend you arrive 15 minutes prior to the lesson start and end time.
If you are running late to collect your child, a member of the Snow Sports team will stand with your child on the meeting area until you can safely make your way to the collection point. Please note, it may not be possible for the instructor to remain until you arrive.
Yes, we recommend first checking the availability of Max5 lessons on your booked date/s on the Online Shop. If there is availability please reply to your private lesson booking confirmation and let us know that you’d like to cancel. Please note, our standard Snow Sports Lessons cancellation policy applies.
If Max5 lessons are booked out for your preferred date, please enquire about Private Lessons or continue to check the Online Shop as we may add more spots dependent on instructor availability.
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!