Lessons & Programs
Thredbo has one of the best ski and snowboard schools in Australia and offers a variety of lessons and programs to suit all abilities. Ski and snowboard lessons from Thredbo’s outstanding team of instructors provide the best possible opportunity to learn or improve your skills, build confidence on the mountain and access lift line priority.
Snow Sports group lesson offerings are currently being reviewed for their capacity to align with social distancing requirements. Lessons will open for booking once we confirm our official Opening Day. Find out more
Thredboland – Ski Program (5-6 Years)
Thredboland’s Ski Program takes 5-6 years through the basics of skiing and how to have fun exploring the mountain. There is plenty of one on one attention so your kids can learn at a faster rate.
The day begins indoors with various fun activities before heading outside to develop skiing skills. Throughout the day our expert instructors incorporate fun themes and activities…with visits from Thredboland animals and exclusive rides on Friday Flat Freddy transport.
There is a half day option for those who prefer to drop off at 1pm.
- Up to 5 hours of snow time
- Fun learning environment with kids that are similar in age and ability
- Fun themes and adventures
- Warm lunch, snacks and beverages
What You Need to Know
- Available for skiers aged 5-6 years only
- Children must be toilet trained
- Option to bundle lift pass and rental with the program
- Equipment: All children must have ski equipment to participate. Head to Thredbo Retail & Rental at Friday Flat to rent gear.
- Safety: Helmets are highly recommended for all kids participating in lessons
- Lesson times: 9am – 4pm
- Meeting Place: 8:30am-9:15am inside Thredboland
- Pick up: 3:30pm-3:45pm outside Thredboland
- Half Day Option: 1pm-4pm
- Drop off: 12:30-12:45pm inside Thredboland
- Lunch is not included
Follow us on social
Sign up for news
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive deals, the latest weather, forecasts, news, events and more!